Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Amazing Grace

So at youth one night we sang the song "Amazing Grace My Chains Are Gone," and I finally realized w
hat that song truly means. Before that night though, I only thought that it was a good song and God's grace is pretty amazing. Which it is. But then I thought about it, because of God's grace, I'm made new. Because of God's grace I can see, because of God's grace I am free. The song is praising God for his grace.
The first part of the song goes like this:
"Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see"
The first few words are "Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me," It saved us! We wouldn't be who we are without God's grace . We were lost. We were lost sheep but then by God's grace he found us. He found his sheep. He found YOU and he found ME. Before we were saved we didn't see the truth and stuff that he sees, but because of his Grace we can see.
I am going to skip a verse and jump right into the next line.
"My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace"
This line is really important to us as Christians . Our chains are gone. Not because we deserve it but because God loves us. We have been set free by the Ultimate sacrifice. God has ransomed us by giving up his one and only son to die on a cross for us. He has unending love and awesome, amazing grace.
Although there is more to this song I am going to stop there.
Here is the Song
Amazing Grace (Chris Tomlin)

No comments:

Post a Comment