Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Who Said?









Right now I'm going through a tough time right now and going to begin a major transition  in my life. I keep finding myself thinking "Why God? Why?" I also keep thinking "why did you have to screw up my life and family?" But then I realized something. Who said life was going to be easy? Who said you won't have any tough times? The bible never tells us that if you follow Jesus it's going to be easy.
In fact John 15:18-21 it says "18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me." We will be hated, we will be persecuted, we will be treated horribly because we are disciples of Jesus. They hated Jesus, they persecuted him and they treated him horribly too. Our life won't be easy. Jesus says "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." He basically said you must DIE daily. You must lay down your life so that you can live through and for him. Die to yourself and live for him.
When God changes something in our lives it usually seems unfair and we sometimes get mad at him (trust me I know how it feels) but the truth is he doesn't ask us for advice or our opinions.   It's all about faith. You need faith to walk through the opened door and step on the next stepping stone. you need faith to follow Jesus through the valley you are in. We just have to wait upon the Lord. He will make everything new and beautiful.
Remember Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." 

No comments:

Post a Comment