Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Faith, Love, Peace


 
 

I am deeply sorry for not posting anything for a while and I feel like it's time to start. If you haven't noticed, the title of this post is "Faith, Love, Peace," but why? Well, I will define and describe these three traits.
The first one is Faith. What is faith? According to Hebrews 11:1 "Now Faith is being sure of what we hope for and being certain of what we do not see" For example I have faith in God that he will provide. This means that I hope for God's provision and I know God. I may not see Him but I have faith in Him. A biblical example we can look at is Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the God, who loved me and gave himself for me." That's powerful. This means that I am new and I live through Christ. The life that I life I live with faith of God. I will get to the last part later. I live because of my faith in God, because I have faith that there is something better for me. That is what faith is.
Love is patient, kind, gentle, something that does not boast or envies, it's a gift from God. We all know that we were created from God's image. He gave us laughter, a smile, happiness, guilt, faith, fright, anger and love. Love is a reflection of God himself. He loved us enough to send his son to die on a tree so we don't have to. Out of love, he gives us a second, third, fourth, thousands of chances. God loved us enough to pay the price so we don't have to. Loved us so much that he's coming back for you, me and everyone who believes. What is love? I'll tell you what love is. It's a mom who takes care of her 9 month old baby. It's a dad holding his children tight in his arms during a thunder storm. Love is a big brother helping his little sister get a drink of water from the drinking fountain. It's a little baby girl that was just born. Love is a bride and groom getting married, it's the Bible. That's what love is.
What is peace? Peace is being in God's gigantic wings. Peace is being held up by God. It's when the storms are calm and Jesus is with you. Peace is no worries. That's what peace is.

No comments:

Post a Comment