Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Qualified?







 As Jesus was walking besides the Sea of Galilee he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come follow me" Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." (Mathew 4:18-19, NIV)

Now I think Peter and Andrew tried to become Rabbis but sadly, they were not able to become Rabbis. In other words, they failed. So when the greatest Rabbi in the world asked these two fishermen to follow him why wouldn't they?

The Bible says they immediately left their nets and followed him. Let me point this out, they were not qualified. Jesus did not call them because they were qualified. He qualified them when He called them.
You may feel like you failed in life because you lost your job, or something else like that. Guys, God doesn't care about that. I mean He does care about you, but He cares more about your heart. Maybe you are in the situation for a reason. God will do something great in your life. If you feel like you fail, think about Peter and Andrew.

God will still call you. There's this saying that says "God doesn't call the qualified,he qualifies the called." You don't get a call from God because you took a test and you answered all the questions correctly and you qualified. God calls you so He can qualify you.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.  (Revelation 3:20, NIV )

Let's review this passage. It's about God standing in front of your heart and He's calling you. He wants to be in your heart. If you answer Him, He will enter your heart and stay there forever.
So those who are reading this and think that you're not qualified or that you failed, when God calls you just answer his call and He will qualify you

Now let me ask you something, will you answer His call?

No comments:

Post a Comment